Mill-Max introduces the 2 mm pitch spring-loaded connectors to their extensive line of spring-loaded products. These spring-loaded connectors (SLC’s) are an appealing option combining both durability and space-saving qualities. For board-to-board or device-to-board connections, these 2 mm spring-loaded connectors are a practical solution.
The connectors feature spring pins with a working travel of .0275” (0.7 mm) and a maximum travel of .055” (1.4 mm). With a base diameter on the pins of .056” (1.42 mm) and a plunger diameter of .032” (.81 mm), there is adequate space for laying out the PCB pads and traces on both the solder and mating sides of the connectors. The initial uncompressed height of the connectors is .295” (7.5 mm).
SLC's are offered in single-row series, 836-22-0XX-30-001101, and double-row series, 838-22-0XX-30-001101. Standard availability is 2-to-10-positions for single-row, and 4-to-20-positions for the double-row. Both series are available in tubes or on tape-and-reel, which have pick-and-place vacuum clips to facilitate automated assembly.
The 2 mm pitch spring-loaded connectors maintain the quality and reliability of current Mill-Max spring-pin connectors by utilizing the same precision-machined components and internal spring components. Gold-plated components and springs ensure the highest conductivity, corrosion resistance, and durability. The spring-loaded pins used in these connectors have a current rating of 2 amps continuous use (3 amps maximum). The high-temperature plastic housing is suitable for all soldering processes, and the connectors are RoHS compliant.
Features and Benefits
- Modular contacts for use on 2 mm grid, available in single-and-double-row contact strips with working travel of .0275” and maximum stroke of .055”
- Precision-machined piston / base and gold-plated components assure a 1,000,000 cycle life durability
- Low-resistance, high-current contacts are rated at 2 amps continuous and 3 amps peak
- High-temperature thermoplastic insulators are suitable for SMT soldering processes
- Both 836 and 838 series are available on 32 mm wide carrier tape and are fitted with vacuum pick-up clips for automated pick and place assembly. Tape-and-reel packaging per EIA-481
- 836 and 838 series contact strips are designed for manual or automatic placement onto .066” Ø solder pads